12 June 2007

RSS - information overload?

Subscribing to RSS feeds is like everything else in life - good in moderation. After signing up with netvibes and subscribing to my co-workers' feeds, I decided to add all the blogs that I check out on a regular basis (too many). I also added some news sites and library blogs. Then I mucked around with the colours, backgrounds, modules etc. Several hours later... I realized how addictive this can be, and that I will NEVER be caught up reading all the newest posts.

Google has recently added several new applications/modules to it's features, including Google Reader and iGoogle. Both of these work very well and are easy to use. Having subscribed to Netvibes, however, I have to say that I love the Netvibes interface. It is easier to modify and adding feeds is a simpler process. Being able to export all your subscriptions as an OPML file is great too if you already have them set up elsewhere.

No comments: